~Bukan KOLAM yang berisi air. Tapi KOLAM yang dibuat daripada BERAS.~
I did this with the year 5 kids recently. I planned to carry out this activity as we've started new topic, that is 'Culture and Tradition'. There's a reading and comprehension text in the textbook, so after finishing discussing the text with the kids, I took them to make the Kolam in the next class.
They were intrigued when I instructed them to bring a hand full of rice each. Things needed are rice, drawing paper, poster colour, brush, pallete, newspaper, glue and some water.
1. Colour the rice. Then let it dry. Don't use too much of water because it will take time to dry off.
Ticer, nak gaul dengan tangan je buleh?
Okay!
2. Draw a picture of a flower on a drawing paper. Put some glue on it and paste the rice carefully. Make sure to put lots of glue so that the rice will stick nicely on the paper.
3. Paste all the coloured rice onto the flower.
4. The result.
It's fun to do this once in while rather than strictly stay in the class and had a serious teaching and learning session with the kids.





Kolam warna warni...
ReplyDelete